Earlier today, Sony has published a teaser image on their website, which mentions that a “new concept is coming” on September 15.
The Japanese company is referring to an upcoming full-frame mirrorless camera – the Sony A7c. According to SonyAlphaRumors, the camera will feature some pretty interesting specs:
- It will have a 24MP sensor (likely the one from A7III)
- Autofocus algorithm is also from the A7III
- The A7c will have a fully articulating screen like the A7SIII
- Body size will be very similar to the A6600 (EVF will be located in the corner)
- It will use the NP-FZ100 battery
- The camera will have IBIS
- It will be marketed for YouTubers and vloggers
Apparently, Sony is also planing to release a couple of very compact lenses for this new line of FE cameras, and the first one will be a compact travel zoom. We’re very excited to see what Sony has in store for us on September 15 (10:00 JST / 01:00 UTC)!