Sigma has announced a new lens in their mirrorless lineup – the 24-70mm f/2.8 DG DN Art for Sony FE and Panasonic L Mounts. It joins their previously released full-frame mirrorless zoom lens – 14-24mm f/2.8 DG DN Art.
The new lens packs some amazing specs, including 19 elements, weather sealing, brass bayonet mount, and a minimum focusing distance of just 18 cm (7.1 inches) when you’re fully zoomed out. The maximum magnification is 1:2.9 at the wide-angle end and 1:4.5 when zoomed in, which is better than what your average 24-70mm lens offers, and allows for some creative close-up photography as well.
Additional lens features (from Sigma’s press release):
- Zoom lock switch
- Lens hood with a lock
- Mount with dust- and splash-proof structure
- Compatible with the Lens Aberration Correction
- Available Mount conversion service
- Designed to minimize flare and ghosting
- Evaluation with Sigma’s own MTF measuring system: A1
- 11-blade rounded diaphragm
- High-precision, rugged brass bayonet mount
- “Made in Japan” craftsmanship
Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 Art lens in the L-mount will weigh 835 grams (1.8 pounds) and the E-mount version is going to be a few grams lighter. The pricing is yet to be revealed, but the lens should be available for purchase as soon as mid-November.