Panasonic gave us a first glimpse of their long-awaited camera, GH5, at Photokina 2016, but the Japanese company didn’t share a lot of specs back then. Earlier today at CES in Las Vegas, Panasonic told us everything we need to know about the upcoming mirrorless camera, which is available for preorder right now and is expected to ship in March.
Panasonic GH5 has a brand new 20.3 MP micro 4/3 sensor that shoots good photos, but the main selling point of this camera is its video features. It can shoot 4K video at up to 60 frames per second and 1080p video at up to 180 frames per second. As expected, the camera also features built-in 5-axis image stabilization. Here are some of the most important Panasonic GH5 specs:
- 20.3MP Digital Live MOS Sensor
- 4K at 60 fps and 1080p at 180 fps
- Internal 4:2:2 10-bit 4K video at 24/30 fps
- 5-Axis sensor stabilization
- 0.76x 3.68m-dot electronic viewfinder
- 3.2″ 1.62m-dot touchscreen monitor
- DFD AF System with 225 contrast detection points
- ISO 25600 and 12 fps continuous shooting
- Dual UHS-II SD slots
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Camera body is splash, dust and freeze-proof
Panasonic GH5 will be priced at $1,999 in the United States and is going to start shipping in March.
Panasonic GH5 vs GH4 Specs Comparison
Here’s a quick overview of the main differences between GH5 and GH4.