High-resolution cameras are very popular among landscape, architecture and portrait photographers and several manufacturers like Sony (A7RIV) and Canon (5DSR) already offer 50MP+ cameras. According to Canon Rumors, the Japanese company is now working on another full-frame high-resolution camera, and this time it’s aimed at mirrorless shooters.
The source claims that the upcoming camera will be named EOS Rs and that we can expect to see it as early as February. Here are some of the most important rumored specs:
- 75MP full-frame CMOS sensor
- Better dynamic range
- DIGIC 9 processor
- Dual memory card slots
- Joystick similar to the one found on the EOS-1D X Mark III
- Higher resolution EVF than on the EOS R
- Fully articulating touchscreen
- Completely weather sealed
- Similar ergonomics to the EOS R (no touch bar)
Canon Rumor’s source didn’t mention anything regarding the camera’s video capabilities, but we should learn more soon as the announcement date gets closer. It’s great that Canon is actively developing new mirrorless cameras and excellent RF lenses, and we’re excited to see what they have in store for 2020.