Sony just announced their new A9 camera during an event in New York City, and it appears to be the ultimate full-frame camera for sports/action photographers. It’s packed with many features, but here are some of the most important ones:
- 24MP stacked full-frame CMOS sensor
- 20 FPS shooting with 200 RAW buffer
- 60 FPS AF calculation
- There’s no blackout and no shutter noise
- 1/32,000 shutter speed
- 693 AF points, 93% coverage
- 5-axis in-body image stabilization
- Dual SD card slots (one UHS-II, one UHS-I)
- Full-frame 4K video and 1080p video at 120fps
- Uses brand new batteries with 2.2x battery life
- Joystick for AF selection
- Ethernet connectivity
Sony also announced their furthest reaching E-mount lens, the FE 100-400mm F4.5–5.6 GM OSS Super Telephoto Zoom, which goes perfectly with the new A9 camera. The $2,499 lens will start shipping in July 2017.
Sony A9 will be priced at $4,499 in the United States and preorders starts on Friday. The camera is going be released in May.